Though the picture may never be fully complete in this life, God hopes for growth in the intricate parts of our complex being. We should:
Have a habit of living daily in
2. Bring our appetites, instincts, and aspirations to God for His direction in their proper fulfillment.
3. Love and accept ourselves properly.
4. Love our neighbor as ourselves.
5. Have right desires and turn them into conduct.
6. Increasingly conform to God’s will.
7. Properly balance between no rules and too many rules, no possessions and materialism, ignoring others’ needs and spending ourselves into emotional and financial bankruptcy.
8. Regularly give ourselves in service to others.
In all these things, God instructs and develops us. However, when He dismisses “class” each day, He depends on us to put feet to the truths He has taught us, and to bring them to reality. As Mother Teresa said, “My progress in holiness depends on God and myself; on God’s grace and my will.”